Sunday, May 02, 2010

This morning I dreamed that I was on a river cruise from Central Africa to Scandinavia. My sisters and I swam in the river and watched the water change as we went north - crocodiles and water snakes giving way to trout and kingfishers. I remember trying to recall the names of the countries we passed through on the map, but couldn't; can anyone remember that kind of symbolic detail while dreaming?



Today a twofer. Driving past the PNE yesterday I suddenly remembered a dream I'd had a few days ago, where in they had built a fancy new big ol metal roller coaster at the park. Not only was this roller coaster big and awesome, it had an amazing feature: the train was designed to detach itself from the track for part of the route like a caterpillar spinning a cocoon - connected to the track at the front only, and the rest of the length whipping around in the air as it sped along.

Dontcha hate that, when you dream of something cool, and only become aware later that it doesn't exist in the real world? Happens to me all the time.

No comments: