Thursday, June 03, 2010

Before the Bullfight by David Sylvian on Grooveshark
I dreamed I was driving in Ireland on a hedge-bordered road at night, when a strange light in the sky caused me to stop the car and get out, and start wandering through fields, up and down hills in the dark. I keep exploring til I reach the crest of a hill and push my way through a hedge fence. There is a stone circle on top of the next hill, and people are dancing around it. A sudden flash of blinding white light comes from the stone circle. It expands til it fills my vision. The next thing I remember is being back at the car.

As I'm standing on the road in the headlights, looking around at the hills, I begin to hear the sound of footsteps coming slowly towards me in the dark ... slowly ... getting closer ... until finally an old man shuffles into the area of light in front of the car. He has a friendly face. He walks straight up to me and hands me a piece of paper. There is something written on it, but I don't know what it was.

No comments: